Coronovirus Update 17 MarchMarch 17, 2020
This is an unprecedented situation which requires an unprecedented response. Theraflex Massage Ltd and Mind and Body Healing supports the Government response to tackle the Coronavirus which is underpinned by scientific evidence, the latest escalation of advice published yesterday 16th March on social distancing measures is part of the plan albeit had to be implemented earlier than expected.
Therefore Theraflex Massage Ltd and Mind and Body Healing will need to drastically change its operating procedures to ensure we safeguard yours, our practitioners and the wider community safety and wellbeing.
The guidance is:
Social distancing measures should be taken to reduce social interaction between people in order to reduce the transmission of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Those who are at increased risk of severe illness from coronavirus (COVID-19) to be particularly stringent in following social distancing measures.
This group includes those who are:
- aged 70 or older (regardless of medical conditions)
- under 70 with an underlying health condition listed below
- anyone instructed to get a flu jab as an adult each year on medical grounds:
- chronic (long-term) respiratory diseases, such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD),
- emphysema or bronchitis ·
- chronic heart disease, such as heart failure ·
- chronic kidney disease ·
- chronic liver disease, such as hepatitis ·
- chronic neurological conditions, such as Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis (MS), a learning disability or cerebral palsy
- diabetes ·
- problems with your spleen – for example, sickle cell disease or if you have had your spleen removed ·
- a weakened immune system as the result of conditions such as HIV and AIDS, or medicines such as steroid tablets or chemotherapy
- being seriously overweight (a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or above)
- those who are pregnant
Therefore we regret that all the above groups will not be able to book visits to Theraflex Massage Ltd and Mind and Body Healing but they can receive Skype consultation and advice.
We wish to reassure those who are not in those categories that, as always, they will be treated in a safe environment.
As part of our practice we screen every client at each appointment asking them not to attend clinic if you have:
- A Cold or
- Flu like symptoms
And the advice to self – isolate yourself and your family for 14 days as per latest Government guidelines if you have
- Continuous cough or
As advice is changing rapidly we will keep ourselves updated and will act accordingly to comply with the Government and our Professional guidelines.
In the meantime rest assured of the standards of Theraflex Massage Ltd and Mind and Body Healing where we:
- Provide antibacterial gel on arrival
- Change towels between every client and then wash at 60 degrees (the towels not the clients!!)
- Wash our hands before and after seeing a client for the recommended 20 seconds
- Disinfect all room handles between clients
- Disinfect all clinic surfaces after each client
As hand washing is so far the most effective protection for the spread of the virus, we ask that any of you attending the clinic wash hands before and after treatment with the soap provided. This has shown to be more effective than antibacterial gel.
We also want to tell you that we are here to support you.
If cannot make it to the clinic we are very happy to provide you a phone or online service for advice on how to manage your musculo skeletal aches and pains.