Why Have a Massage
Why have a massage? Ultimately it is because it will make you feel good, and by looking after your body now, it will be in a better condition in the years to come.
However, many people elect to have a regular massage for a number of specific reasons:
- as a form of relaxation and to remove tension.
- to ensure that their muscles are in good condition to retain flexibilty and therefore prevent injury.
- to prevent headaches and migraines. A regular massage may reduce tension and either prevents or reduces the frequency of headaches.
- to prevent injuries related to the work place such as neck and shoulder problems due to prolonged computer use.
- as a direct consequence of an injury
- because of illness – can cause specific injuries, or create tension and pain in the body.
- because they like massage.
In all instances frequency of treatment will vary between individuals and will depend on the type of problem being addressed. It may be that someone just wants a one off massage, or they may have a particular problem. If this is the case, the number of sessions will depend on the severity of the problem, and how long they have had it. This is discussed with each client, with a recommended course of treatment being suggested.
In the event of requiring treatment for an injury, it is advisable to allow 48 hours to lapse before treatment